Ford has announced that the mighty Mustang Mach1 will be returning for the 2021 model year as a limited-edition model. The muscle car will sit at the top of the naturally aspirated 5.0-litre V8 Mustang lineup, but below the monstrous Shelby models, which use a 5.2L V8.
“Mach 1 has a special place in Mustang history, and it’s time for this special edition to claim the top spot in our 5.0-litre V8 performance lineup and reward our most hardcore Mustang enthusiasts who demand that next level of power, precision and collectability,” said Dave Pericak, director of Ford Icons in a press release. “Like the original, the all-new Mustang Mach 1 will be true to its heritage, delivering great looks and as the most track-capable 5.0-litre Mustang ever.”
The Mach1 first debuted in 1969, so the name has a lot of history attached to it. The Mach1 returned for the 2003 and 2004 model years, and the time has come again for this badge to return to the Mustang lineup.
“The all-new 2021 Mustang Mach 1 is set to return as the most track-ready 5.0-litre Mustang ever, once again delivering design magic while adding to its performance legacy,” Ford said in a press release.
MORE RELATED ARTICLES
- Ford Debuts Fully Electric Mustang Dragster Prototype
- Road Trip: Mustang Owner’s Museum
- We Meet the Canadian Who Sold the World's First Mustang
- Mustang GT Road Trip: Burnouts, Bourbon, and BBQ in North Carolina
- Ford Tries New Steering to Turn You Toward 2020 Mustang GT350R
- 2020 Mustang Gets Grabber Lime, GT500 Gets Added Aero